CLICK TO LISTEN TO #15MINUTESS

10.3.14

Dear White People (The Movie)




 “There isn’t a right way to be black.”

I would love to have an open discussion over some really smooth red wine about what people define as the right way to "be black" with people who are truly open minded

and completely individual but well experienced in being the only" black face in a white space",  and how they overcame feelings of acceptance as a young person.



I remember when I read a piece in a magazine about two years back  and went to check out the Dear White People Trailer online. First, I laughed at the hilarious satire and then I got a little bit annoyed, as I had experienced most of , if not all of the scenarios being made light of. I then came to the conclusion aloud while speaking with a friend about how no television series or film had made me feel that way since the 'Higher Learning' and 'Do The Right Thing' days. I myself have been "a black face in a white space" since the sixth grade, I am now in my mid twenties. So, I cannot wait until the full feature film Justin Simien’s 'Dear White People' comes to a big screen near me. We can have a nice heavy bodied red wine and discuss racial micro-aggression in society today.




Go keep up on when you can see the Dear White People Movie at a theater near you here.



Dear White People Concept Trailer from Justin Simien on Vimeo.
DEAR WHITE PEOPLE
A satire about being a Black face in a white place.
Click here to help bring this film to theaters: http://bit.ly/DWPYoTu

Remember when Black movies didn't neccesarily star a dude in a fat suit and a wig? Or have major plot twists timed to Gospel numbers for no apparent reason? No? Damn...


Well believe it or not there was a time when "Black Art-House" was a thing. When movies like Do The Right Thing, Hollywood Shuffle, and Boyz In Da Hood were breaking box office records as well as making us laugh, cry, and think in ways movies hadn't before.


The humble producers of DEAR WHITE PEOPLE, a satire about being a black face in a white place, long to bring those days back. But we can't do it without you!


We pieced together what resources we had to make this trailer in order to entice investors for our planned million dollar feature. Armed with this trailer and your support we plan to make this film a reality. Click here to help bring this film to theaters: http://bit.ly/DWPYoTu



And thank you to Urban Bush Babes for the update on this movie.


fuxo

Bionic Puzzi
@BionicPuzzi on Twitter

@BionicAlex on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment